The Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala is the superbowl of fashion. Rather than play it safe like at the Oscars, attendees take risks on their attire, which is why it's my favorite fashion event of the year. This year's exhibit is "Savage Beauty," a retrospective entirely devoted to Alexander McQueen's work, so its guests came dressed to impress in over-the top couture. Here are my picks for the event's best dressed.
1. Daphne Guinness in Alexander McQueen
2. Natalia Vodianova in vintage Valentino Haute Couture (with Valentino Garavani)
3. Miranda Kerr in Marchesa.
It's seriously incredible that this woman JUST had a child. Also, I'm a sucker for anything resembling a tutu.
4. Shalom Harlow in Marchesa.
5. Hamish Bowles in Alexander McQueen and Christian Louboutin shoes (with Amar'e Stoudemire)
profile of Amar'e awhile back? Hysterical.
6. Anna Wintour in Chanel Haute Couture.
7. Madonna in Stella McCartney.
8. Diane Kruger in Jason Wu.
9. Jennifer Lopez in Gucci.
10. Blake Lively in Chanel Haute Couture (with Karl Lagerfeld)
11. Karen Elson in Alexander McQueen.
12. Rihanna in Stella McCartney.
13. Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Burberry.
Maxim's Hottest Woman in the World is so glamourous in this satin gown. Love.
14. Sarah Jessica Parker in Alexander McQueen.
15. Hilary Rhoda in Alexander McQueen.
16. Arizona Muse in Altuzarra.
17. Isabel Lucas in Louis Vuitton.
18. Hailee Steinfeld in Stella McCartney.
19. Mariacarla Boscono in Givenchy Haute Couture (with Riccardo Tisci)
20. Tie: Janelle Monae in Chanel and Anna Dello Russo in Alexander McQueen.
Definitely a bitch stole my look moment, but I couldn't choose just one. Janelle owns the pantsuit look, but ADR is wearing an egg on her head, so it was too hard to decide. Both look equally fierce!